How SEO Can Help Your E-commerce Site In 2019
The competitive landscape across all industries is exceptionally fierce, and businesses are looking for ways to stay ahead of the curve in 2019. Previously, some companies used to scoff at e-commerce. However, with data showing that approximately 95% of all purchases will be online by 2040 – businesses are beginning to get off the sidelines and building e-commerce sites.
Companies must consider several factors when building an e-commerce site including picking the top e-commerce platforms such as BigCommerce and Shopify. Moreover, they should not ignore one of the most significant fundamental elements of successful e-commerce – SEO. Businesses that are not concerned about SEO for their e-commerce sites may see their e-commerce efforts fall short.
SEO Strategies For Your E-commerce Site
If you want to leverage all the benefits of your e-commerce site, then you must work on your e-commerce SEO strategy. To remain relevant, it is imperative that you have a solid e-commerce strategy. Here are some practices to help you build your strategy:
– Keyword Research: When you don’t research keywords, you are roaming blindly, and you’ll never make it to page one. So, do thorough research on keywords and utilize Amazon and Google to help with the search. You can also find the right keywords by doing a study on your competitors who rank higher than your business. When you’ve figured out the commercial keywords that your potential customers are using, you’ll undoubtedly rank higher.
– Site Structure: As you are well aware, an e-commerce site isn’t your typical site; so don’t treat it as one. Create a site structure that allows site visitors to navigate through your website smoothly. An excellent site architecture will help with your SEO efforts. So, be sure to precisely map out your category pages, navigation and product pages in a user-friendly way.
– On-Page SEO: Fail to work on on-page SEO, and your traffic will reduce, and conversion rates will suffer. While many e-commerce platforms will provide you with SEO features to help with your on-page SEO, some things will require extra optimization skills. When working on on-page SEO, you’ll optimize on strategic keyword placement in meta descriptions, title tags, file names, URLs, page content, and in image alt text.
– Optimize All Your Pages: All pages in on your e-commerce site are essential, and search engines use your page’s mobile friendliness, responsiveness, links, load speeds, content (written & video) as ranking signals. So, when you are optimizing your homepage, don’t forget about product pages. Make sure that your pages load fast even on mobile device. Also, add FAQ content, images, and videos, customer reviews, long product descriptions, and blogs. Blog pages are an excellent way to gain more traffic. Make sure to post new and relevant content on your blog pages, and you’ll naturally attract links that ultimately help you rank high.
– Use E-commerce SEO Tools: If you want to get the most out of your e-commerce SEO campaign, make use of the right tools. E-commerce SEO tools not only make things simpler but also help prevent mistakes. Some e-commerce SEO tools that are highly recommended include Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush, Ahrefs, Copyscape and Screaming Frog. Do some homework to make sure you pick a tool that makes e-commerce SEO easier for you.
How SEO Helps Your E-commerce Site
SEO is an integral part of an online business. To sell online, you need your business to rank high on SERPs so that people can see you. After all, if they can’t see you, then they can’t click on your link and hence can’t get to your e-commerce site let alone buy from you. When approximately 90% of all internet users only view first page results, it’s only natural that you would want your e-commerce site to be on the first page. So, how does SEO help your e-commerce site? Here’s how:
– Provides Affordable Visibility & Branding: E-commerce SEO will help improve your e-commerce site’s visibility and searchability hence contributing to your brand’s visibility. When you have high organic rankings, you’ll be reaching your target audience almost every time they search. Plus, SEO is affordable.
– Increase Traffic & Conversion: SEO won’t just get traffic to your site, it will also boost the conversion rate.
– Increased Offline Conversion: While an e-commerce site is an excellent way to reach online prospect customers, don’t forget about offline customers. E-commerce SEO can help increase offline conversions. Statistics show that half (50%) of all mobile searches are done by people looking to visit a store that day.
– Helps Build Trust & Credibility: How secure is your e-commerce site? Search engines favor e-commerce sites that are secure. Therefore, if your e-commerce website appears on the first page, then people are more likely to trust your site. E-commerce SEO helps your business establish its brand as an authority hence building trust and credibility.
E-commerce SEO isn’t difficult, but it’s different from your typical SEO. When e-commerce meets SEO, you have an impeccably undeniable revenue generating tour de force.